JL/JT HD Ball Joint Kit – Non Knurl (2 Upper & Lower)
TeraFlex JL / JT: HD Ball Joints are engineered to handle the increased load caused by oversized tires and offset wheels. Fits all JL Wrangler/Unlimited and JT Gladiator models with Dana 30 or Dana 44 front axles.
- Threaded ball stud retaining ring designed for precise preload adjustment during assembly and future adjustments
- 30mm (1.18”) adjustable ball stud for accurate initial and future preload adjustments using simple hand tools — innovative feature ensures a long-life w/ flawless and predictable operation
- 2 grease zerk fittings are accessible from either side w/ axle shafts installed, including larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the ball stud allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Heat-treated 4140 chromoly ball studs
- Heat-treated 1045 carbon steel housing and threaded retaining ring
- Magnesium Phosphate coating provides corrosion resistance and decreases friction
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball stud to socket wear protection
- Includes factory style slotted nuts and cotter pins
- Low profile single lip dust seal prevents contaminants compared to easily torn conventional dust boots
- Heavy-duty snap ring on upper ball joint prevents ball joint separation from the axle during extreme off-roading
- Ball joint preload adjustability provides the end user w/ near effortless wear adjustment
- Preload adjustment requires simple tools and can be performed with the vehicle on the ground
- 1 large set screw on each ball joint
- Large 8-sided adjuster handles more torque
- 2018+ JL/JLU Wranglers
- 2020+ JT Gladiators
Ball Joints w/out Knurl won’t score the inner knuckle and open the bore.
Ball Joints w/ Knurl are for inner knuckles that have a “loose press fit” due to repeated ball joint replacement and/or where knurled ball joints have been installed.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.